Bianca Torres, MS '09
Name: Bianca Torres
Class Year: 2009
Degree, Major: Master of Science, Bioscience Tech-Entry MS Biotech, Bioscience Technologies
What is your current professional position?
I am a scientist in vaccine manufacturing sciences and commercialization (VMSC) bioanalytics at Merck, West Point, Pa.
In your position, what are your responsibilities/duties?
I author protocols, cell based assay development and method execution, involving vaccine formulation, up-stream process development, virus characterization and second generation vaccine improvements. I am responsible for training, troubleshooting and analytical support for international and emerging markets.
What are your accreditations, memberships or affiliations in your field?
What are your career accomplishments?
- Sigma Xi Research Day 2009 Master’s Level Thesis Poster Presentation Winner
- JCHP (now JSHP) Class of 2009 recipient for Outstanding Clinical Performance
- Merck Global Science & Technology Day poster winner in the category of Best use of Science or Technology in 2012
- Merck Global Science & Technology Day 2nd Place for Best Poster in 2013
- Award of Excellence, Merck , International support in Japan 2013
If you could give any advice to a current student in your program or a recent graduate, what would it be?
Be open to possibilities after graduation. During school, students tend to have a specific plan for exactly what they want to focus on in their career. Life does not always follow that plan. Be open to possibilities. You never know where your career will take you.